Sheet Music Per-Copy Fees
- For copies of arrangements of songs written by Aaron Dale or in the public domain, you can purchase copies by CONTACTING ME HERE on this website.
- For copies of all other songs, please purchase your copy through the Barbershop Harmony Society marketplace website at www.barbershop.org or by emailing them at Marketplace@barbershop.org. They will give you a quote of the per-copy fee and you’ll pay how you choose. They forward this payment to the copyright owner on your behalf, giving you legal permission for the copies you have purchased. Different procedures, availability, or prices may apply to customers outside of the U.S. and Canada. The BHS will provide you with information on how to purchase copies in your country.
Mechanical License - For Dale Learning Tracks
- Any person who makes a new copy of a recording must obtain a license for each song on that recording. This is true throughout the music industry and is a standard process known as “mechanical” licensing. The fee you pay to me covers only the recording I created for the learning track, but you must also obtain a mechanical license from the copyright owner of the original song for each copy (whether digital or CD, etc) that you want to create of the song(s) on each learning track. For example, a quartet would need just 4 copies... and more for a chorus, etc. The per copy fee is typically very small – a few cents.
- To purchase a mechanical license for the learning tracks, you can register online for a free account with the Harry Fox Agency (HFA). They represent most songs that you'll be searching for. Go to www.harryfox.com and click on the HFA Songfile link. Or...click on the image below to link straight to the HFA registration page.
- If the song was written by Aaron Dale (see the list of Arrangements to find out), the mechanical fee for the learning track is included in the cost of the learning tracks. If the song is public domain, there is no mechanical license applicable. If your group intends to produce its own audio recording of one of these songs, please Click HERE to download the Dale Music Services Mechanical Licensing Agreement.. If your group intends to produce its own video of one of these songs, please contact me to inquire about a synch license for your video**